“A wonderful, informative visit. I’ve had several students touch base to tell me how interesting your comments were.”
Rebecca J. Anderson is a dynamic and encouraging public speaker with 20+ years’ experience. Her passion is to inspire and educate upcoming writers, helping them find their creative voice and tell their stories in a meaningful and powerful way. She also enjoys giving lively dramatic readings from her books and those of others — no droning or mumbling here!
“Our Skype session with you was awesome… The buzz in the room was unbelievable, both while we were with you and afterwards.”
In addition to her school visits, Rebecca has taught workshops and seminars at a number of events including NCTE, Packaging Your Imagination, SCBWI Canada East, Write!Canada, Book Camp London, and the Young Authors’ Conference. In June 2015 she attended Continuum 11 in Melbourne, Australia and gave a keynote address as their International Guest of Honour (transcript here).
“We had a blast! You were spectacular. The kids are excited to read the books and I really enjoyed the session also.”
PRESENTATIONS AND FEE STRUCTURE
Skype with the Author – 20 min. – FREE
Tuesdays, Thursdays or Fridays, by appointment (UK visits after 13:00 GMT only please).
These brief Q&A sessions are offered without charge* to schools located more than 150 km from my home area, provided the class has read one of my books or heard a book talk about my work beforehand. We will agree on a date and time convenient to you and your students.
* NOTE: A fee of $25 will be charged for any visit cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice.
On-Site Workshops and School Visits – from $300 plus mileage
Standard speaking rates are $300 for one hour-long session, $525 for two, $750 for three, and $900 for a full day, plus mileage if more than 50 km from my local area. One-day visits available within a 150 km radius (which includes most of the Greater Toronto Area); I am open to greater distances if there are multiple sessions booked and accommodation and meals provided.
- From Brainstorm to Bookstore: The Life Cycle of a Novel
- I Became an Author – You Could Too!
- Finding Your Character’s Voice
- Revision: The Magic Key to Successful Writing
- Writing Middle Grade and Young Adult Fiction
- Get (Un)Real: Writing Authentic Fantasy and SF
- Time Management and Motivation for Struggling Writers
- After Aslan and Beyond Bilbo: Writing Fresh, Compelling Christian Fantasy
- Sermons, Allegories or Parables? Three Ways of Writing for the Christian Market
All sessions include time for Q&A with the audience. Additional topics available on request.
Please fill in the form below to request a visit with Rebecca: